There’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked cookies wafting through your home, and these Tahini, Chocolate Chip, and Date Oatmeal Cookies are sure to make your taste buds dance with joy! These cookies are the perfect blend of wholesome ingredients and indulgent flavours, making them the ideal snack or dessert.
The star of these cookies is the creamy and nutty tahini, which adds a depth of flavour that is both unique and delicious. Combined with the sweetness of dates and the richness of chocolate chips, these cookies are a true treat for the senses. And with the addition of oats, they are a healthier alternative to traditional cookies.
Making these cookies is quick and easy. Simply mix oats, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in one bowl, and whisk together tahini, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and milk in another. Then, combine the wet and dry ingredients, and fold the chopped dates and chocolate chips. Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet and bake until golden brown.
Serve these cookies with a glass of cold milk, a hot cup of coffee, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a truly indulgent treat. They are perfect for a midday snack or an after-dinner dessert.
Not only do these cookies taste amazing, but they are also a healthier option than traditional cookies. The oats provide fibre and slow-burning energy, while the dates add natural sweetness without the need for extra sugar. And with the addition of tahini, which is rich in healthy fats and protein, these cookies are a satisfying and wholesome snack you can feel good about eating.
Basic Ingredients for Tahini, Chocolate Chip, and Date Oatmeal Cookies
All-purpose Flour: Flour provides structure to the cookies and gives them a soft and tender texture. You can use gluten-free flour if you need to make this recipe gluten-free.
Rolled Oats: Oats add a nutty flavour and chewy texture to the cookies. Use old-fashioned oats, not quick-cooking oats, for the best results.
Baking Soda: Baking soda is a leavening agent that helps the cookies rise and becomes light and fluffy.
Salt: Salt enhances the cookies’ flavour and helps balance the sweetness.
Unsalted Butter: Butter adds richness and flavour to the cookies. You can use vegan butter or coconut oil as a substitute.
Tahini Paste: Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds that add a nutty flavour and creaminess to the cookies. You can use almond or peanut butter as an alternative.
Date Molasses: Date molasses is a natural sweetener made from dates that adds depth of flavour and sweetness to the cookies. You can use honey or maple syrup as a substitute.
Egg: Eggs provide moisture and structure to the cookies.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract adds flavour to the cookies and complements the nutty and sweet flavours.
Chocolate Chips: Chocolate chips add a rich and indulgent flavour to the cookies. You can use dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate for a healthier option.
Soft Medjool Dates: Dates add natural sweetness and a chewy texture to the cookies. Make sure to use soft Medjool dates, which are easier to chop and mix into the dough.
Sea Salt: Used to garnish the cookies and adds a touch of saltiness to balance the sweetness.
- Use a whisk to mix the dry ingredients and break up any clumps.
- Mix the butter and tahini paste well to create a creamy and smooth consistency.
- When mixing the dough, add the chocolate chips and chopped dates last to prevent them from breaking up too much.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking to help the cookies hold their shape.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion the dough onto a baking sheet.
Tahini, Chocolate Chip, and Date Oatmeal Cookies
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 225 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup tahini paste
- ½ cup date molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 6 large soft Medjool dates, chopped
- Seasalt (for garnishing)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line abaking sheet with Diamond baking and cooking paper.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the dry ingredients andcombine the flour, rolled oats, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixing bowl fitted with a paddleattachment, add the butter, tahini paste, date molasses, egg and vanillaextract; mix until thoroughly combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Finally, mix the chocolate chips and Medjooldates until well incorporated. Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30minutes.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop the doughinto rounded balls. Place about 2 inchesapart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the edges have brownedbut not fully set in the centre. Allow the cookies cool on the baking sheet.Sprinkle with flaky salt, and enjoy!