Blueberry Crumble Cake is a delightful dessert that combines the sweetness of blueberries with the comforting texture of a crumbly topping. This irresistible treat is perfect for any occasion and showcases the juicy and vibrant flavours of fresh blueberries in a delightful cake form. With a tender and moist cake base and a crunchy crumble topping, this dessert is sure to satisfy your cravings for a delicious and fruity indulgence.
The cake features a generous amount of plump and juicy blueberries that burst with flavour in every bite. These antioxidant-rich berries not only provide a natural sweetness but also add a pop of colour to the cake, making it visually appealing. The combination of the blueberries and the buttery crumble creates a harmonious balance of textures and flavours.
The crumble topping, with its buttery, sweet, and slightly crispy texture, adds an extra layer of indulgence to the cake. It forms a golden-brown crust that contrasts beautifully with the tender cake and juicy blueberries beneath.
Whether served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or enjoyed on its own, the Blueberry Crumble Cake is a delightful dessert that is sure to please everyone. It can be enjoyed during all seasons, making use of fresh blueberries when they are at their peak or using frozen blueberries for a taste of summer year-round.
The combination of fruity sweetness, tender cake, and buttery crumble makes this dessert a true crowd-pleaser. So, indulge in the flavours of fresh blueberries and the comforting appeal of a crumble topping with this irresistible Blueberry Crumble Cake. Whether enjoyed as a dessert after a family meal or as a sweet treat with a cup of coffee, this cake is sure to bring joy and satisfy your cravings for a delightful and fruity dessert.
Basic Ingredients for Blueberry Crumble Cake
Fresh or Frozen Blueberries: Blueberries are the star ingredient of the cake, providing a burst of sweet and tangy flavour. They add moisture, natural sweetness, and a vibrant colour to the cake.
Unsalted Butter: Butter adds richness, flavour, and moisture to the cake. It helps create a tender texture and enhances the overall taste.
Sugar (Granulated and Brown): Both types of sugar provide sweetness to the cake. Granulated sugar adds sweetness and helps with the structure, while brown sugar adds a subtle caramel-like flavour and moistness.
Eggs: Eggs act as a binding agent and contribute to the structure of the cake. They add richness and moisture, resulting in a moist and tender crumb.
Vanilla: Vanilla extract enhances the flavour of the cake, providing a pleasant aroma and adding depth to the overall taste.
All-Purpose Flour: Flour serves as the base ingredient, providing structure and stability to the cake.
Baking Powder and Baking Soda: These leavening agents help the cake rise by creating air bubbles, resulting in a light and fluffy texture.
Salt: Salt enhances the flavours of the other ingredients, balances the sweetness, and adds depth to the overall taste profile.
Yogurt: Yogurt adds moisture, tenderness, and a slight tanginess to the cake. It helps keep the cake moist and contributes to its texture.
- Ensure all the ingredients are at room temperature before starting the recipe for better incorporation and a more even texture.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda) to remove any lumps and ensure a smoother batter.
- When folding in the blueberries, be gentle to avoid crushing them and distributing them evenly throughout the batter.
- Blueberry Crumble Cake can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
- Serve it as a standalone dessert or pair it with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or a dusting of powdered sugar for added indulgence.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries or a sprig of mint for an attractive presentation.
- The cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple of days.
- If refrigerated, ensure it is tightly covered to prevent drying out.
- You can also freeze individual slices or the entire cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container or bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Blueberry Crumble Cake
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberry
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 2 loaf pan and dust it with flour.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and yoghurt to the creamed mixture, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix the batter.
- Fold in the blueberries gently using a spatula, ensuring they are evenly distributed in the batter. Be careful not to break the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan, filling each all the way to the top.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the crumble ingredients: flour, brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 5 minutes in the loaf pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling.